Events and Projects
Paint-By-Number Mural on Our Shed
Continuing Next Year // Join us during open garden hours as we continue to paint a mural on our shed, designed by our Artist-in-Residence Kim!
Our 'Little Free Library' turned Pantry
When COVID-19 hit, this Little Free Library was transformed into a Little Free Pantry helping those with food insecurity in our neighborhood. Give what you can, take what you need.
Our Masquerade Mask Craft Party
SATURDAY, October 26, 2019 10–12 // Everyone had a blast painting hand-crafted masks with our artist-in-residence Kim. Such a beautiful array of masks coming from our creative group of young people from the community.
Paint Your Own Mini Pumpkin
Saturday October 5, 2019, 10–12 // Fun was had by all painting and decorating mini pumpkins to take home or display at the garden.
First Outdoor Movie Screening
Saturday, September 21, 2019, 6:15 pm // Moore-Jackson Community Garden hosted its first outdoor movie night for the neighborhood to enjoy. We screened the animated film, Coco. Over 100 people turned out.
First Hosting of a Film Crew (PBS/thirteen)
The crew and actors for Cyberchase on PBS/thirteen filmed at our community garden this summer. The animated portion of "A Garden Grows in Botlyn" episode was about Ren and the Cybersquad working together to make and unlikely space into a beautiful garden. The "For Real" segment was about germinating seeds in the Winter to plant in the Spring. The crew appreciated the room they had for equipment and taking breaks, and we even got to consult on the logistics of planting in raised garden beds so the content was as accurate as possible. The show aired Valentine's Day, 2020.
If you're a location scout looking for a community garden or open green space in the city, please email us.
Bake Sale/Lemonade Stands
Arts & Crafts Events
What We Need Help With
- Bake sale donations (any baked goods that are easy to sell individually)
- Flyer distributors / chalk message artists (before and during events)
- Volunteers to help plant/till/weed
- Donated tools/equipment/supplies (we always need contractor bags but contact us for details on other types of donations like plants)
- Solicitors of donations such as bottled water and snacks for our volunteers from neighborhood businesses.
- Garden stewards to open the garden on weekdays.